COVID-19 Impact to Library Services
We’re monitoring developments relating to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) daily and assessing any potential impact on Shire services and events.
Our Library Services have been impacted following advice from state and federal health departments.
Impacts to Shire of Capel Libraries
– External activities have been cancelled including rhyme time, iLearn and Lego Club
– Limited volunteer services including archives, book covering and cemetery group.
– Reduced computer access
What we’re doing
– All returned items will be disinfected and set aside for 24 hours before returning to the shelves
– All surfaces will be regularly disinfected
– COVID-19 information on display boards will be updated daily
– Providing hand sanitizer for public use
– Book loan periods will be extended with amnesty returns.
How can you help?
– Maintain a social distance of 1.5 metres in public facilities
– Use our e-services at library.capel.wa.gov.au